Home Page

School History

St Swithun Wells Catholic Primary School was built in 1972 in Chandler's Ford, having replaced Holy Cross School in Eastleigh and continues the tradition of providing a Catholic primary education for the children of St Swithun Wells parish. Although we are a Catholic school, we are delighted to accept children and their families from other faiths.

The school is named after one of the English Martyrs who lived in Brambridge and died in 1591. St Swithun Wells was a teacher and spent his life as a witness to God's love, teaching others about Jesus and the Gospels.